Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank goodenss for Thanksgiving

If anyone has read any of my recent blog posts you could probably figure out that I was wallowing in a bit of self-pity. Silly me. I have so much to be grateful for, but it took a day set aside for giving thanks before I realize it.

Yup, I had surgery and it hurt like a muthah (as they say here in Boston) yet it was elective and I had the means to torture myself. Now I'm feeling better...but last Sat night, I fell on a perfectly flat Toronto sidewalk and sprained my thumb on one hand plus my other wrist and two fingers on that hand. Waaaa. Still, it could have been way worse. I could have broken something and been trying to type with a cast on! I'm grateful I can do my final line edits by Dec 3rd, when their due.

And yes, we were lucky enough to go to Toronto for the Everything about Sex Show where I signed my Ellora's cave books. I'm grateful that I have such a wonderful marriage that my hubby was able to wander around the show while I was signing for an hour each day, and I could totally trust him not to do anything I wouldn't do. LOL. Okay, so there's not much you can do in a public forum, but you know what I mean, right?

I'm grateful my beautiful, intelligent daughter is healthy and her relationship is nine-years strong.

Today I'll be spending the day with my in-laws and a single mother they invited because she and her kids had nowhere to go. I'm grateful I still have a place to go and people to be with on Holidays.

They may not be the family I grew up with...(Deep breath) but they're wonderful people and I'm lucky to have them. No flying turkeys across the dinner table because someone had too much to drink. No insults traded over long-past hurts. Just a calm, safe place to spend a lovely afternoon, eat way too much and enjoy the company.

I wish all of you the best holiday you've ever had.

Ash

No comments: