Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oops, I over did it.

Have you ever started to feel a little better after an illness or injury and decided, "Oh, it's no big deal to do the shopping, laundry, dishes..." or whatever you feel guilty for not doing? Then you try to go back to business as usual and relapse?

That's what I did yesterday. I went grocery shopping so my poor hubby wouldn't have to do it after a long day at work.

First, I borrowed his truck because its seats are higher and less painful to get in and out of than my convertible's low seats. Only to forget he has no power steering. So I fight with the truck on each turn. Then I got one of those shopping carts...you know the one. Its wheels are stuck in one position and you have to wrestle it around corners. Just like having no power steering!

Then I just had to pick up a 20 pound frozen turkey because they were on sale for $0.40 per pound! Then, when I'm almost finished and ready to go home and collapse, who do I run into? My mother-in-law. So, I had to stand in the isle chatting for another half hour.

By the time I got home, I knew something was very wrong. My right side felt swollen and ached like I'd run a marathon. Oops. I guess my doctor meant it when she said, "NO exercise." So, today I'm back to relying on my hubby to drive me to my two-week post surgery follow-up appointment. Damn.

I'm scheduled to go to Toronto a week from this Friday for a three-day book signing.
I'd better lay low for a while. I don't want to miss that!

1 comment:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^