Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Progress!

I'll bet you're wondering why I've been so quiet. (Hey, Ash...that's not like you. What's up?) I just asked the obvious question for you. And the obvious answer is--I've been busy!

I went to Ft. Lauderdale and had loads of much needed fun. The sun thawed my brain. And ever since I got that multi-book mass market paperback deal, I've been typing my little fingers raw. I've never had a "real" deadline before. Oh sure. Contest deadlines and self-imposed deadlines...but never a "do or die, don't let your editor down or she won't love you anymore" deadline.

I'm here to report that the book is progressing nicely. Every morning I sit at the keyboard and ask my characters what they're up to that day. And they tell me! It sometimes feels like taking dictation. Okay--there are occasional days that it feels like being dragged behind a 4X4. But that's writing. Ask any author.

Still, on the whole, I'm having fun. My characters are quirky, my setting familiar, and I love seeing the story unfold each day. I can't wait to share it with you. I think you're going to like it.

Ash

1 comment:

Chris J. said...

Hey Ash! I can't wait to read it! Glad you had a Fab trip! I would love to go somewhere warm and tropical about now!!
Have a Awesome week!