Sunday, February 14, 2010

try this link for pictures


This is only 111 so far.

Yesterday...no, the day before (I'm so confused as far as what day it is, never mind what time it is there vs. here) anyway...Saturday we went to a huge national park and took a jeep safari trip through it. We saw lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Seriously!!! There's this ugly creature called a sloth bear and I got lots of pictures of those, a couple were standing right in the road in front of us and we had to wait for them to move.

The lions and tigers were pretty lazy. They looked well fed and more interested in napping than eating the tourists. Some were in large cages with people tending them. My husband said they were in time-outs. (No more tourists for you!)

Also in cages were large snakes, jackels, crocks, elephants, hippos, monkeys, you name it. But those pictures will have to wait until my husband can download them off his camera and onto photobucket again.

We spent the day with my husband's boss, Parag, and his family. They have the cutest little boy and it was fun seeing the park through his eyes. Unfortunately, we also encountered our first persistent beggars. He spoke to them in Hindi and I'm sure he was telling them to leave us alone. They didn't.

No comments: