Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shame on me!

I haven't blogged in...well, too long. I've been in such a whirlwind, getting ready to announce to the world TWO releases in September, I haven't had time to do much of anything else. My publicist is helping as much as she can, but that doesn't mean I'm going to relax until sometime in October.

I've even had friends e-mail me to ask if I'm okay! Oh, dear. I didn't realize I was giving off whirling-dervish vibes. But all of this has taught me a couple of things. First, I need to work on balance. If I write during this flurry of promo activity...great! If I don't, I can't get all wound up about it. I'm used to writing every day. But nothing says I must.

The other thing I learned (again) is that I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I love my editor and I love not having deadlines. A friend of mine has a big looming deadline the same week as a book release! Holy smokes! I can't imagine the stress. So, thank you again e-publishing...for waiting until I'm ready with a product I'm proud of, instead of forcing a deadline upon me.

Ash

2 comments:

Maggie Nash said...

You're right..it is all about balance Ash. Make sure you enjoy your releases. The rush of adrenaline for a release can be such a great natural high!

Have fun and if you get writing done, that's a bonus! Don't feel guilty if you miss some. Hey, lately I am lucky to get one day a week when I get some serious writing done. I need balance too :-)

Maggie

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Bless you, Maggie.

Sometimes I feel guilty for taking a day off. Like I'm letting down my readers, publisher and editor.

I have to remember it's all good. This week I'm attending a writer's tele-summit. Yes, a conference over the telephone! Very cool, actually.

I think I'll blog about it!