Monday, April 9, 2012

I was tagged in a game of Lucky 7

And because 7 is my lucky number, I absolutely must play...despite packing for my trip to Chicago tomorrow! It’s called the Lucky 7 game because the tagged author has to post a segment from one of her books. It must be from p. 77, starting at line 7 and going on for the next 7.



This is from Strange Neighbors:

Sly shrugged. "Nope. It was a woman with a knit cap pulled over her hair. She may have been a private detective trying to catch a cheating spouse or jealous ex-girlfriend stalker or something. She had a camera. Well, have a nice night." As soon as he had jogged down the outside steps, he seemed to disappear into the darkness.

With my luck," Jason muttered, "it's the paparazzi."

I'll include the blurb since it might make more sense that way.

He's looking for peace, quiet, and a little romance...
There's never a dull moment when hunky all-star pitcher and shapeshifter Jason Falco invests in an old Boston brownstone apartment building full of supernatural creatures. But when Merry MacKenzie moves into the first floor apartment, the playboy pitcher decides he might be done playing the field...

A girl just wants to have fun...
Sexy Jason seems like the perfect fling, but newly intependent nurse Merry's not sure she's ready to trust him with her heart...especially when the tabloids start trumpeting his playboy lifestyle.

Then pandemonium breaks loose and Merry and Jason will never get together without a little help from the vampire who lives in the basement and the werewolf from upstairs.

Now...I'm to tag 7 more awesome authors and ask you to check their blogs for the next 7 excerpts. Even if they don't play, their blogs are worth checking out!

Desiree Holt, Toni LoTempio, Delilah Devlin, Sam Cheever, Maggie Nash, Annette Blair, Hannah Howell

7 comments:

ROCCO LOTEMPIO said...

Thanks for including me! www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com


ROCCO and I are pleased!


Toni

ROCCO LOTEMPIO said...

From Raven's Kiss, page 77:

The Professor nodded. “Indeed I do. You think Raven’s situation is a similar one?”
I took a step back. “Wait a minute. Problem with Merlin? Surely you don’t mean…”
“Oh, no!” Crystal’s laugh tittered out. Even the Professor’s lips curved upward. “Not Merlin the Magician. Lord, no! Merlin Fernbottom. He was an annoying little devil. I saw him every Thursday, in my attic, until Brammy here helped me and showed me how to deal with him.”

Raven's Kiss is the story of Raven Grace, a girl turned into a shapeshifter by a demon's bite. While on leave from her job, she gets a clue on the demon who turned her and ends up in parallel time...working with a VERY HOT Scottish detective!

Find out more about this and other books at ROCCO's blog: www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com


Thanks for tagging me, Ash!

Sam Cheever said...

Fun!!! I'll post my Lucky 7 at my blog, http://tweenyouandme.blogspot.com/

Thanks for including me, Ash!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tag, Ash. I hope your followers will try on over on April 11 to Decadent P:unblushing or Amazon and the other online stores to get their cloy of Dark Secrets, a hot romantic suspense. And can I say again how much I love your books?

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

LOL, Des. You can, and I'm glad you did!

Maggie Nash said...

Thanks for tagging me Ash! You rock!

I did this from one of my WIPs and it's on my blog at the following link:

Maggie Nash said...

Oh, here's the link!
http://maggienash.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/lucky-7-and-short-excerpt.html