Sunday, March 4, 2007

My first public humor workshop

I did it! I got up in front of a roomful of writers and spoke for an hour and a half on adding comedy to a manuscript. I chose the Rhode Island Romance Writers for my 'test run' since I knew those wonderful ladies would be kind to me. I hope they had fun. I know I did!

I wasn't even nervous until--dunt dahhh--the famous authors walked in! Eek! Jess Anderson may write for Harlequin Intrigue, but in person, she's funny as hell! Annette Blair, my hero, writes the best romantic comedy and is a national bestseller! Then, Hannah Howell bowled me over by appearing! Oh, dear lord. She may be writing serious scottish vampires, but she kills me with her sense of humor too! I never thought she'd drive almost as far as I did for this!

Whew! I'm glad it went pretty well. I figured, if it didn't and I couldn't never show my face in that state again, at least Rhode Island's small. I'd miss the beautiful beaches, but...oh well. New Hampsire has about three inches of coastline... LOL.

Ash

2 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

Glad your workshop went so well, Ash. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Hot Ash Romance Novels said...

Thanks, NJ! So good to have encouragement.

Ash